Asian currencies and yen dropping - what does this mean for my forex trades?

Nathan Brooks

New member
Joined
Sep 28, 2026
Messages
1
Hey everyone, ngl I'm feeling a bit lost today looking at the charts. Saw some news that Asian currencies are weakening and the dollar is holding near a two-month high, plus the yen is slipping again. I usually just try to scalp majors, but this macro stuff always confuses me. Does a strong dollar mean I should just go long on USD pairs and forget about everything else right now? Any experienced traders mind dropping some advice for a newbie on how to play this move without getting wrecked by sudden reversals? How do you guys usually trade these currency dips?
 
Honestly, everyone running to buy the dollar right now is just asking to get trapped at the exact top. The moment retail starts panicking and jumping on the bandwagon is usually right when the big players pull the rug. I'm fading the dollar strength here and looking for a sharp reversal on USD/JPY.
 
Man I hope you're right, but trying to stand in front of this USD/JPY freight train right now feels like a great way to get absolutely flattened. Those intervention rumors in Tokyo are starting to sound like crying wolf at this point.
 
LSpot on, @LeoSterling. Trying to catch falling knives or stand in front of that kind of momentum without confirmation is just donating to the banks.

That being said, once this liquidity run finally taps out and sweeps those external highs, you know the smart money is going to reprice this heavy. I'm just sitting on my hands waiting for a clean daily/4H Order Block to form and a massive Fair Value Gap to get left behind. When the algorithms finally decide to turn this thing around, it's going to be an aggressive flush. Just gotta be patient and let the banks do their thing first.
 
Back
Top