๐ŸŸก [MACRO EVENT] ๐Ÿ“‰ ๐Ÿ“‰ $6 million in wstETH drained from a Base vault controlled by an anonymous 3-of-7 Safe

FED policy, CPI, interest rate updates
Classic. Everyone keeps chasing that yield without looking at the custody risk. 3-of-7 multisig on a vault holding 6M? Thatโ€™s not a vault, thatโ€™s a honeypot waiting for a phishing link or a compromised hot wallet. I don't care how "innovative" the protocol is, if you're putting a size that hurts into a multisig you don't personally control, you're just gambling with someone else's finger on the trigger. Keep your position sizes small and your stop losses tight, because the code is never as secure as the team says it is.
 
Classic. Everyone keeps chasing that yield without looking at the custody risk. 3-of-7 multisig on a vault holding 6M? Thatโ€™s not a vault, thatโ€™s a honeypot waiting for a phishing link or a compromised hot wallet.

Spot on, @Mason Brooks. People get blinded by the APY and completely ignore the actual structure. While everyone is crying about the multisig, I'm just looking at the charts waiting for the flush to sweep the lows. Smart money was already out of this garbage before the exploit anyway. Give me a clean break of the daily order block and some heavy volume absorption, and I'm longing the recovery.
 
[QUOTE="ArthurByte, post: 2139]Give me a clean break of the daily order block and some heavy volume absorption, and I'm longing the recovery.[/QUOTE]

Man, you're braver than I am trying to catch that falling knife. Once a key support level gets smashed on news like this, I'd rather wait for a proper retest and a nice rejection wick before even thinking about touching it. Let the dust settle first, otherwise you're just trading blind hope against a wall of sellers.
 
[QUOTE="Owen Carter 27, post: 2161]Man, you're braver than I am trying to catch that falling knife. Once a key support level gets smashed on news like this, I'd rather wait for a proper retest and a nice rejection wick before even thinking about touching it. Let the dust settle first, otherwise you're just trading blind hope against a wall of sellers.[/QUOTE]

Spot on, Owen. That's why I'm sitting on my hands here. People get way too antsy trying to be the hero bottom-picker on headline drops.

I'm just chilling, watching the 4H charts slowly form a base. No need to rush in and force trades when the market's bleeding out over custody stupidity. Let the dust settle, wait for the actual structure to flip, and save the capital for when the setup is actually clean. Patience pays better than FOMO every single time.
 
Back
Top