EBF sales growth vs the legal cost drag—any clear support levels to watch?

BullishBen

New member
Joined
Sep 21, 2026
Messages
2
Just saw the latest on Ennis and honestly I’m a bit torn on the price action we’re seeing. Revenue is actually showing some decent life but that EPS hit from the legal items is throwing a massive wrench into the technicals. Ngl, I was looking for a clean breakout above the recent range, but now I’m wondering if this legal noise is just a smoke screen hiding a much stronger underlying business. It feels like the big money might use this dip to sweep liquidity near the previous lows before making a real move back toward the highs.

Looking at the daily chart, I’m trying to figure out if the current order flow suggests we’re going to hold this key support or if it’s about to get ugly. Usually, when sales grow but earnings lag because of one-off legal stuff, the market tends to overreact early on. I’m watching the volume closely to see if we get any aggressive buying on the wicks or if the sellers are just going to hammer it down to the next major demand zone. If the underlying business is as healthy as the sales suggest, this might just be a massive bear trap for anyone not looking at the macro picture.

Do you guys think these legal costs are already priced in, or are we looking at a deeper retracement before we see any real bullish momentum?
 
Man, I’ve been staring at the daily for Ennis too. Honestly, I think the market is just doing its usual dance of punishing the EPS headline while ignoring the top line. I’m waiting to see if we can hold that $24 range; if it dips lower, that’s where I’d actually get interested. Don't force a trade yet, though. Let the dust settle.
 
I’m with you on the $24 level. Honestly, watching this trade feels like waiting for paint to dry while the macro noise is just screaming everywhere else. If the EPS miss is strictly one-off legal noise, the big players are definitely just hunting stops before they rotate back in. I wouldn't touch it until we see a decent volume spike on a bounce, though. Just keep an eye on the broader market sentiment—if we get any surprise volatility from the next CPI print, those support levels might not hold as cleanly as we’d like. Be careful trying to catch a falling knife here.
 
You guys are overthinking the legal stuff and macro noise. Price is price, the news just adds volatility.

$24 is definitely an obvious pivot to watch, but the real structural floor on the weekly is down closer to the $21.50 - $22.00 zone. I wouldn't try to front-run anything here. Just wait for the candles to actually show you buyers are stepping in—look for a clean daily hammer or a strong bullish engulfing off support before even thinking about a long. Until then, you're just guessing.
 
Back
Top