Greenback just keeps rolling, lessons from riding the dollar trend

Lucas Vance 61

New member
Joined
Oct 11, 2026
Messages
1
Ngl, watching the dollar climb for four straight weeks now is giving me massive flashbacks to some of my early trading days when I tried to stubbornly fade strong macro trends. Back then, I kept thinking the Fed pivot was just around the corner and tried to catch falling knives on EURUSD, only to get completely smoked by margin calls. Learning the hard way that the trend is your mate until the macro narrative actually shifts has saved my account more times than I can count. Right now, rate expectations are keeping DXY pumped, and fighting this momentum is basically donating money to the market makers. My main risk management rule here is simple: never go heavy without a trailing stop, and scale out of positions instead of getting greedy waiting for the absolute top. Anyone else currently trading this dollar strength, or are you sitting on the sidelines waiting for a reversal?
 
Back
Top