Heads up if you are heading to iFX EXPO in HK this week

Pivot Point

New member
Joined
Sep 20, 2026
Messages
3
I saw the news that iFX EXPO Asia is kicking off in Hong Kong tomorrow and it brought back some serious memories from my earlier days in the industry. Honestly, these expos can be a total double-edged sword for a trader. Back in the day, I used to think hitting these events meant I’d walk away with some secret alpha or a golden tip that would print money, but I quickly learned that the real value isn't in the hype. It’s all about the networking and seeing how the institutional side thinks.

If you are actually going to be there, do yourself a favor and don't get caught up in the FOMO of every new platform or "next big thing" being pitched at the booths. I’ve seen way too many guys blow up their accounts trying to pivot their entire strategy because some rep at a booth showed them a shiny new indicator or a broker with tight spreads. Keep your head on straight. If you find yourself wanting to switch your whole setup because of a chat over a drink, just hold off. Write down what you learned, go home, and backtest it properly before you risk any real capital on it.

I usually find that the best insights come from the casual conversations at the bar after the panels end, not the marketing fluff on the main stage. Just keep your risk management in check and remember that no amount of networking will replace a solid edge and disciplined execution. Are any of you guys planning to make the trip out there, or are you just sticking to the charts this week?
 
Back
Top