Is the prop firm model dying? Newbie needs some serious help here guys

YieldSeeker Pao

New member
Joined
Sep 23, 2026
Messages
2
Hey guys, long-time lurker, first-time poster here. I’m pretty new to the trading world and trying to get my head around all this crazy news that dropped this week. Ngl, it's a bit overwhelming. I was literally just about to buy a prop firm challenge, but now I’m seeing MyForexFunds assets got sold off to some Dubai company, and another firm called FundedSeat is straight up shutting down because they can't get platform access. Is it even safe to put money into these challenges right now?

Then I saw CMC Markets is launching some simulated prop thing called CMC Funded, but it's apparently not even regulated and doesn't use live accounts. There is also this whole talk about broker-backed prop firms changing how payouts work through vertical integration. As a beginner, should I be looking at these broker-backed ones instead of the independent ones, or is it all just a massive trap?

Also, that stat from iSAM Securities totally blew my mind. They said the top 1% of winning traders make like two-thirds of all the profits, and brokers are B-booking almost 95% of the volume! Does this mean the broker is basically betting against me every time I try to scalp or hold a position? And now IG Group is saying their revenue is down because of lower OTC retention. I don't even fully understand what OTC retention is, to be honest. Is this going to make it harder for retail guys like us to actually make money?

I really want to get into the markets, but between this, the EU cracking down on Binance, and regulators chasing finfluencers, I feel massive fomo but also pure panic. What's the play here, mates? Should I just stick to demo trading for now, or is there a safe way to start?
 
Look, I’ve been trading the news for years and honestly, the prop firm model is just a casino with extra steps now. Don't waste your money on these evaluation challenges, man. Save your capital and build your own account, even if it's small. You'll be stress-free when the NFP print hits and won't have some desk clerk at a firm breathing down your neck about a 5% drawdown limit. It’s a trap for retail guys who want to get rich too fast.
 
Back
Top