Nico Brooks 71
New member
- Joined
- Oct 2, 2026
- Messages
- 3
Yo guys, hope the markets are treating you well today and nobody is getting wrecked on the charts. I was just reading some news about a big update from Spotware where brokers and prop firms can now pre-install their own plugins and tools directly into cTrader for every client automatically. As someone who is still pretty new to all this and trying to figure out how to even set a proper stop loss without panicking, this sounds like it could be huge but I am honestly a bit lost. They are saying we will get stuff like AI assistants, trading journals, and special calculators delivered straight to our apps on mobile and desktop without us having to hunt through the store ourselves.
It sounds super convenient since I am always worried I am missing out on the best tools or that I am going to mess up my setup by installing the wrong thing. Ngl though, I am also a bit worried if this is just going to be a bunch of bloatware on my screen that I didn't ask for. I am still trying to master the basics of how to scalp and I do not want to be overwhelmed by a million notifications or "helpful" signals that might just be there to get me to trade more. I saw they mentioned prop firms can use this for their challenge rules too, which sounds interesting if you are trying to stay disciplined and not break any account limits by accident.
I would really appreciate some perspective from the legends here who have been around the block. Does this actually make cTrader a better choice than MetaTrader for someone just starting out? I am curious if these pre-installed tools are actually legit or if it is just a way for brokers to have more control over what we see on our screens. Should I be excited about this or should I be worried about my platform getting cluttered with stuff I don't need?
It sounds super convenient since I am always worried I am missing out on the best tools or that I am going to mess up my setup by installing the wrong thing. Ngl though, I am also a bit worried if this is just going to be a bunch of bloatware on my screen that I didn't ask for. I am still trying to master the basics of how to scalp and I do not want to be overwhelmed by a million notifications or "helpful" signals that might just be there to get me to trade more. I saw they mentioned prop firms can use this for their challenge rules too, which sounds interesting if you are trying to stay disciplined and not break any account limits by accident.
I would really appreciate some perspective from the legends here who have been around the block. Does this actually make cTrader a better choice than MetaTrader for someone just starting out? I am curious if these pre-installed tools are actually legit or if it is just a way for brokers to have more control over what we see on our screens. Should I be excited about this or should I be worried about my platform getting cluttered with stuff I don't need?