Ledger 86M supply chain drain – looking at potential dump pressure or just FUD

Thomosa

New member
Joined
Oct 5, 2026
Messages
4
Just caught the news about Ledger investigating that massive $86 million drain linked to the CryptoBilis reseller out in Southeast Asia and it’s looking pretty grim for sentiment right now. Ngl, seeing a supply chain hit of this scale makes me wonder about the immediate impact on the order flow for BTC and ETH. If these attackers start unloading those bags into the bids, we could see some serious sell-side pressure hitting the tape. I’ve been watching the addresses Specter flagged on-chain and the volume is no joke.

We’re already sitting at a precarious spot near local resistance, and this kind of news is exactly what the bears need to hunt for liquidity below current support levels. If people start panic-moving assets or offramping because they’ve lost faith in their cold storage setup, I’m worried we’ll see a nasty wick down to the next major demand zone. It’s a bit of a nightmare scenario for anyone trying to scalp a long right now, especially with the Bitget exploit still fresh in everyone's minds.

I’m trying to gauge if this is going to stay localized or if the macro FUD is going to drag the whole market down for a retest of the monthly lows. Usually, when hardware security is questioned, the knee-jerk reaction is to dump first and ask questions later. Are you guys seeing any significant shifts in the order books or are you tightening up your stops in case we lose this current level?
 
Honestly, if you aren't already trimming your risk and tightening stops on anything tied to that ecosystem, you're just begging to get rekt. I don't care if it turns out to be pure FUD or not, capital preservation is rule number one. Position sizing saved my account more times than I can count, and I'm definitely not sticking around to find out if the dump pressure is real.
 
Honestly, if you aren't already trimming your risk and tightening stops on anything tied to that ecosystem, you're just begging to get rekt.

Spot on, Mason. Capital preservation always comes first, but I pulled up the 4-hour chart right after seeing that supply chain news and noticed a nasty bearish RSI divergence forming on the momentum indicators right as the MACD crossed over to the downside. Even if it blows over as total FUD, the charts were already looking heavy anyway. Not worth holding and hoping when the technicals line up with the panic.
 
Back
Top