That's a hefty bag moving off the exchange, definitely makes you wonder if they're prepping for a move or just going into cold storage. I’ve been keeping a close eye on the hourly charts and we’re seeing some bearish RSI divergence right at this resistance level, so whales moving BTC off Coinbase might just be trying to avoid slippage if they expect a pullback. MACD just crossed over to the downside on the 4H too, which adds a bit of weight to the caution here. Probably nothing, but I’m staying in cash until we see if that support holds.
@Zakami Ng I'm with you on the RSI divergence, but I wouldn't overthink the whale transfer. 750 BTC is a drop in the bucket for Coinbase liquidity. People love to play detective with these whale alerts, but 9 times out of 10 it's just someone moving assets to their own custody to sleep better at night. If the 4H MACD confirms, I'm looking for a retest of the range lows, not necessarily a trend reversal. Keep your stops tight.
@Zakami Ng honestly man stop overcomplicating it with the lagging indicators. MACD and RSI are just there to trap retail. Look at the chart—we've got a massive 4H bullish order block sitting right below us that hasn't been mitigated yet. If we tap into that liquidity, that’s where the real money is going to be bidding.
@Noah Vance BR is right that 750 BTC is just noise, but if you're waiting for MACD crossovers to enter, you're always going to be chasing the move. Focus on where the institutional footprints are, not what the oscillators are doing. I’m waiting for a wick into that FVG to scoop up some longs. Stay aggressive.
"Stay aggressive" is a great way to blow an account, @ArthurByte. It doesn't matter how pretty the order block is or where the "institutional footprint" is if you don't have a defined exit strategy before you click buy. @Noah Vance BR is the only one making sense here talking about keeping stops tight.
I don't care if it's a whale moving 750 BTC or 7,000 BTC, that's just noise. I’m not touching a long here until I can calculate a clear 3:1 R/R with a stop loss that actually protects my capital from a sweep. If you aren't sizing your position based on the volatility of that FVG you're eyeing, you're just gambling. Size down or get liquidated, it's that simple.