Kevin Baker
New member
- Joined
- Sep 29, 2026
- Messages
- 1
Seeing the SEC follow the CFTC’s lead on this new crypto guidance makes me think back to the wild west days of 2017 when everyone thought they could just launch a token and dodge the regulators. Honestly, seeing this guidance drop right after the CLARITY Act failed at the cloture vote is a massive signal that the regulators are tired of playing tag. They aren’t waiting for new laws anymore; they’re just going to apply the old securities rulebook to whatever they can get their hands on. Ngl, it’s a bit of a headache for the altcoin space, but it’s definitely better than the total silence we’ve been dealing with for years.
When I started out, I used to ignore the regulatory side and just chase the charts, but that’s a quick way to get rekt by a sudden delisting or a surprise enforcement action. These days, if I’m looking at a project, I’m digging into how they’re handling these compliance updates. You don’t want to be caught holding a heavy bag during an unexpected audit. My biggest piece of advice is to keep your stop-losses tight on the smaller caps if you’re playing the news cycle. Don’t fall for the FOMO when a coin pumps on a vague partnership announcement if the regulatory framework around it is still shaky. Trade the price action, sure, but keep one eye on the SEC’s office if you want to keep your account in the green.
How are you guys adjusting your portfolios to handle this regulatory noise lately?
When I started out, I used to ignore the regulatory side and just chase the charts, but that’s a quick way to get rekt by a sudden delisting or a surprise enforcement action. These days, if I’m looking at a project, I’m digging into how they’re handling these compliance updates. You don’t want to be caught holding a heavy bag during an unexpected audit. My biggest piece of advice is to keep your stop-losses tight on the smaller caps if you’re playing the news cycle. Don’t fall for the FOMO when a coin pumps on a vague partnership announcement if the regulatory framework around it is still shaky. Trade the price action, sure, but keep one eye on the SEC’s office if you want to keep your account in the green.
How are you guys adjusting your portfolios to handle this regulatory noise lately?