Unpopular opinion USD/JPY breakout above 157 is a massive bull trap

VertexProfit

New member
Joined
Sep 21, 2026
Messages
3
Look, everyone in the chat is getting all hyped up over this 4-hour bull flag and staring at the upcoming NFP print like it is the holy grail. Ngl, the mainstream narrative is screaming that USD/JPY is about to moon past 157.35 and never look back. But honestly? This whole setup feels way too obvious. We are hovering near levels where intervention chatter usually starts getting loud, and the underlying momentum is looking pretty exhausted to me. Everyone is FOMOing into longs right at resistance, which usually means smart money is about to slam the trap shut on retail. Are you guys actually buying this breakout, or are you shorting the top here?
 
Man, I totally agree with you on this one. Everyone is rushing to buy the breakout, but look at that daily candle rejection—absolute textbook liquidity grab right above 157. Tokyo is just waiting to step in and crush these late longs again like they did last time.
 
[QUOTE="Owen Carter 27", post: 1714]Man, I totally agree with you on this one. Everyone is rushing to buy the breakout, but look at that daily candle rejection—absolute textbook liquidity grab right above 157.[/QUOTE]

Spot on. I'm sitting on my hands with this one for now. It's so easy to get chopped up trying to trade these intraday moves, but looking at the daily chart, that rejection is hard to ignore. I'm waiting for a clean daily close confirmation before I even think about taking a side—no need to rush and get caught in the crossfire.
 

Similar threads

Back
Top