Julian Reed 13
New member
- Joined
- Oct 11, 2026
- Messages
- 1
Looking at USDJPY right now and man, it is giving me massive flashbacks to some of the worst trading mistakes I made earlier in my career. We’ve been wedged in this tight 158.50 to 156.50 box for seven straight days now, and it’s absolute suicide if you’re trying to swing trade without a clear direction. That 158.50 zone is a complete brick wall right now with the 200DMA, the 50% retracement level, and the base of the daily cloud all stacked right on top of each other.
I know the slight bullish tilt looks tempting and fomo starts creeping in when you see it edging higher on the lower timeframes, but ngl, buying straight into heavy technical confluence like that is how accounts get shredded. I used to jump the gun on setups like this thinking it was guaranteed to break out, only to get slammed by a quick reversal back to the bottom of the range. If you really want to trade Ninja right now, your best bet is either scalping the boundaries with tight stops or just sitting on your hands until we get a clean close outside the box.
Sizing down during rangebound chop has saved my balance more times than I can count. Risk management always comes first, and patience pays way better than trying to guess which way the coin flip lands. Are you guys actively scalping these 156.50/158.50 edges right now, or holding off until a real breakout happens?
I know the slight bullish tilt looks tempting and fomo starts creeping in when you see it edging higher on the lower timeframes, but ngl, buying straight into heavy technical confluence like that is how accounts get shredded. I used to jump the gun on setups like this thinking it was guaranteed to break out, only to get slammed by a quick reversal back to the bottom of the range. If you really want to trade Ninja right now, your best bet is either scalping the boundaries with tight stops or just sitting on your hands until we get a clean close outside the box.
Sizing down during rangebound chop has saved my balance more times than I can count. Risk management always comes first, and patience pays way better than trying to guess which way the coin flip lands. Are you guys actively scalping these 156.50/158.50 edges right now, or holding off until a real breakout happens?