Watching these bond yields climb is giving me major flashbacks

Arthur Vance

New member
Joined
Sep 27, 2026
Messages
1
I’ve been staring at the charts all week watching the short-term bond rout finally take a breather, but make no mistake, the trend for yields is still relentless. Seeing those U.S. yields finish the week higher reminds me of a brutal stretch back in my early days when I tried to scalp the bond market while everyone was panicking over the curve. I thought I could outsmart the macro shift, but the market chewed me up because I didn't respect the volatility. Ngl, it’s easy to get caught up in the fomo when you see the headlines screaming about rate changes, but if you aren’t sizing your positions correctly, this kind of environment will hit your account hard.

I learned the hard way that when the bond market gets this twitchy, it’s not the time to be playing hero with leverage. I stopped trying to pick bottoms in these moves years ago. Nowadays, I just wait for the dust to settle and stick to strict stop-losses because trying to guess where the front end of the curve stops moving is a fool’s game. Risk management isn't just a buzzword; it’s literally the only reason I’m still trading instead of blowing up and walking away. It’s wild how much more patient I’ve had to become just to survive these periods of institutional selling. Are you guys staying on the sidelines while this plays out, or are you looking for a tactical entry somewhere else?
 
Honestly, you guys are stressing way too much over standard market noise. Everyone in here is acting like higher yields are the end of the world, which usually means the exact opposite is about to happen and the bottom is practically already in.

I'm loading up right here while everyone else panics.
 
Man, loading up right here while yields are still doing that? Bold move, but that's how people get carried out on a stretcher. I'm just sitting on my hands waiting for a proper 4H structure shift. No point trying to catch a falling knife when the macro trend is this loud.
 
Loading up here takes balls of steel ngl, but catching that falling knife usually ends with a brutal sl hit. I'm staying cash until macro chills out.
 
@EthanCole I’m with you on sitting on your hands for now. Everyone trying to call the bottom right now is ignoring that the daily RSI is still screaming lower, and we haven't seen a shred of bullish divergence on the lower timeframes yet.

Until I see a clean MACD crossover on the 4H and the price action actually reclaiming a key level, I’m not touching this. Catching a falling knife is just asking for a margin call when the macro trend is this aggressive.
 
Back
Top