Marcus Reed 82
New member
- Joined
- Sep 28, 2026
- Messages
- 1
Seeing the CAD hanging out near these recent lows is giving me a bit of Déjà vu from back when the greenback decided to go on its last major tear. Honestly, watching the USDX climb like this makes me nervous for anyone trying to catch a falling knife on the loonie. I remember getting chopped up trying to scalp USDCAD on the long side a few years back just because I thought it looked overextended, only to realize the hard way that momentum is king when the dollar index is on a heater.
If you’re trading this pair right now, please keep your stops tight. I’ve learned the hard way that trying to predict a reversal on a major currency trend based on "value" is a fast track to blowing an account. I usually look for a clear break or rejection at a major historical level rather than trying to guess where the bottom is. It’s way better to miss a few pips waiting for a solid confirmation than to watch your equity melt while you’re hoping for a bounce that isn’t coming. Risk management is the only thing keeping us in the game when the market gets this lopsided, so don't get caught up in the FOMO of calling a top or bottom. Are you guys currently fading the USD strength or just riding the wave until it breaks?
If you’re trading this pair right now, please keep your stops tight. I’ve learned the hard way that trying to predict a reversal on a major currency trend based on "value" is a fast track to blowing an account. I usually look for a clear break or rejection at a major historical level rather than trying to guess where the bottom is. It’s way better to miss a few pips waiting for a solid confirmation than to watch your equity melt while you’re hoping for a bounce that isn’t coming. Risk management is the only thing keeping us in the game when the market gets this lopsided, so don't get caught up in the FOMO of calling a top or bottom. Are you guys currently fading the USD strength or just riding the wave until it breaks?