Anyone else smell a trap after that massive ETF cool-down?

Nate Vance

New member
Joined
Sep 29, 2026
Messages
1
Ngl, seeing everyone pop champagne over that ridiculous 3.3 billion dollar week had me rolling my eyes so hard I almost pulled a muscle. Now inflows drop by like 80 percent in a single session and people are still out here acting like the bull run is locked in just because some pathetic 64 million trickled in on Monday. Y'all are suffering from serious groupthink if you think institutional money is just going to keep straight-line pumping this market forever. Every time everyone is universally convinced we are heading straight to an ATH without a proper flush, the market loves to completely rug the late FOMO buyers. Streaks hold until they don't, and holding a streak on a massive volume cliff just looks like heavy distribution to me. Am I the only one actually looking at the macro or are we all just high on hopium right now?
 
I've been staring at the charts all morning and honestly, this "cool-down" feels like the calm before the storm. Everyone is acting like we’re out of the woods, but Powell is still talking tough and the inflation data isn't exactly screaming "soft landing" to me. I’m staying in cash for now because this market rally just doesn't have the legs to survive another aggressive rate hike cycle if the CPI prints hot again. Don't fall for the trap, guys.
 
I’m staying in cash for now because this market rally just doesn't have the legs to survive another aggressive rate hike cycle if the CPI prints hot again.

Honestly, can't blame you at all @JulianCraft. Personally, I'm not 100% in cash, but I have aggressively cut my position sizes down to about a quarter of my usual risk per trade.

The risk-to-reward ratio up here is absolute garbage. Anyone buying this "cool-down" without hard, non-negotiable stop losses set in stone is begging to get carried out on a stretcher. If the trap springs, I only want to lose pennies. Let the market actually prove itself first before sizing up.
 
@JulianCraft you guys are overthinking the macro noise with Powell and CPI. Just strip the chart down and look at what the candles are actually doing.

We threw a massive rejection wick right into major overhead resistance and there's been zero follow-through from buyers since. If this daily candle closes as an engulfing back below the previous range high, the trap is confirmed. You don't need inflation data to see sellers aggressively defending the level.
 
I’m staying in cash for now because this market rally just doesn't have the legs to survive another aggressive rate hike cycle

Bro you're literally missing the whole move letting macro noise scare you out of the pocket. While you guys are sitting on the sidelines crying about Powell, smart money just swept the liquidity right into the 4H bullish order block and left a pristine FVG begging to get filled. Stop overcomplicating it and look at the chart. We're about to run these highs aggressively, so load up or get left behind.
 
@ArthurByte I get the optimism, but man, rushing in just because of an FVG on the 4H is exactly how people get chopped up in these fake-outs. I’ve seen that "load up or get left behind" mentality blow more accounts than I can count.

Personally, I'm with @Mason Brooks here. Scaling back and waiting for the dust to settle is the only way to keep your sanity. Why fight the market when it's clearly undecided? I'd rather miss the first 5% of a move than get trapped in a liquidity sweep while everyone else is panicking. Patience is a position, guys.
 
Back
Top