Julian Croft 22
New member
- Joined
- Oct 10, 2026
- Messages
- 1
Hey guys, still pretty new to FX trading so go easy on me. I was looking at AUD/USD over the weekend and saw it closed up at around 0.6983, making decent gains for the week. From what I gathered in the news, traders are betting heavy on the Fed holding rates steady in October, which is dragging the US Dollar down a bit and letting the Aussie pump.
Ngl I'm super confused by this whole setup. The Fed officials are still throwing around super hawkish rhetoric, so shouldn't that be boosting the Greenback instead? I almost got major FOMO watching it push higher on Friday, but I managed to hold back because I wasn't sure if I should be trying to scalp this move or if I'd just get wrecked by buying the top.
How do you guys usually trade when the market ignores hawkish news like this? Are you looking to go long on AUDUSD into next week, or do you think this is just a trap before a dump?
Ngl I'm super confused by this whole setup. The Fed officials are still throwing around super hawkish rhetoric, so shouldn't that be boosting the Greenback instead? I almost got major FOMO watching it push higher on Friday, but I managed to hold back because I wasn't sure if I should be trying to scalp this move or if I'd just get wrecked by buying the top.
How do you guys usually trade when the market ignores hawkish news like this? Are you looking to go long on AUDUSD into next week, or do you think this is just a trap before a dump?