Mark Thompson 26
New member
- Joined
- Oct 1, 2026
- Messages
- 2
Hey guys, super new to trading forex here so go easy on me ngl. I was looking at the charts today and noticed the Dollar Index just pumped to a fresh high for the year. Seems like all the news about strong US economic growth and stubborn inflation is making everyone think the Fed is going to keep tightening policy.
I was honestly about to jump in because the FOMO is real, but then I noticed the RSI is heavily overbought. From the basic TA tutorials I've been watching, overbought usually means a pullback is coming, right? But at the same time, this rally looks unstoppable and I don't want to miss out if it keeps flying.
How do you experienced traders handle something like this? Do you wait for a proper retracement to long, or is it better to just scalp the trend while it's hot? Really don't want to get trapped buying the exact top mate, so any advice would be awesome. What's your play on DXY right now?
I was honestly about to jump in because the FOMO is real, but then I noticed the RSI is heavily overbought. From the basic TA tutorials I've been watching, overbought usually means a pullback is coming, right? But at the same time, this rally looks unstoppable and I don't want to miss out if it keeps flying.
How do you experienced traders handle something like this? Do you wait for a proper retracement to long, or is it better to just scalp the trend while it's hot? Really don't want to get trapped buying the exact top mate, so any advice would be awesome. What's your play on DXY right now?