Sarah Benneter
New member
- Joined
- Sep 30, 2026
- Messages
- 4
Just checking the charts this morning and man, EURGBP is absolutely getting hammered. Hitting these new lows since back in May is a stark reminder of how quickly the macro narrative can shift when the yield spreads start widening like they are with France right now. I’ve been watching that French-German bond spread widen for a bit, and honestly, it’s one of those silent killers that retail guys often overlook until the price action makes it impossible to ignore. Seeing the pound get that lift from the inflation data while the Euro is dragged down by political risk is a classic divergence setup.
I remember back when I first started trading these pairs, I used to get so caught up in the FOMO of a breakdown. I’d try to jump in short at the lows, only to get stopped out on the inevitable liquidity grab or a minor pullback. If you’re looking at this move, please don’t just chase the momentum blindly. My biggest lesson over the years has been to wait for the retest of a broken level before committing size. If you are already in, keep your stops tight because when these cross-pairs start trending, they can look one-way for days until a headline whipsaws everyone out. I’m personally sitting on my hands today because the volatility is just a bit too stretched for my comfort zone. Are you guys trying to scalp this momentum to the downside, or are you waiting for a bounce to look for a better entry?
I remember back when I first started trading these pairs, I used to get so caught up in the FOMO of a breakdown. I’d try to jump in short at the lows, only to get stopped out on the inevitable liquidity grab or a minor pullback. If you’re looking at this move, please don’t just chase the momentum blindly. My biggest lesson over the years has been to wait for the retest of a broken level before committing size. If you are already in, keep your stops tight because when these cross-pairs start trending, they can look one-way for days until a headline whipsaws everyone out. I’m personally sitting on my hands today because the volatility is just a bit too stretched for my comfort zone. Are you guys trying to scalp this momentum to the downside, or are you waiting for a bounce to look for a better entry?