WickWatcher
New member
- Joined
- Sep 19, 2026
- Messages
- 3
Hey everyone, I literally just started trading a few months ago and I am kind of freaking out looking at my portfolio today. I have been trying to hold some NVDA and Broadcom because everyone said AI was the absolute future, but then this DeepSeek news dropped and everything started tanking. I am seeing so much noise on social media about how the US tech lead is basically gone and that these big titans are about to sink, but then I read a report saying this whole selloff is just massive overblown panic.
I really do not want to be that guy who buys near the ATH and then panic sells at the absolute bottom, but seeing this much red is making it hard to stay calm. Is DeepSeek actually a legit threat to the hardware moats of companies like Nvidia, or is this just a classic case of the market overreacting to a new competitor? I am still trying to learn how to read the macro stuff and ngl it feels like I picked a really scary time to finally jump into tech stocks.
Do you guys think this is just a temporary dip and a good chance to average down, or should I be worried about a long-term trend change here?
I really do not want to be that guy who buys near the ATH and then panic sells at the absolute bottom, but seeing this much red is making it hard to stay calm. Is DeepSeek actually a legit threat to the hardware moats of companies like Nvidia, or is this just a classic case of the market overreacting to a new competitor? I am still trying to learn how to read the macro stuff and ngl it feels like I picked a really scary time to finally jump into tech stocks.
Do you guys think this is just a temporary dip and a good chance to average down, or should I be worried about a long-term trend change here?