Nathaniel Moore
New member
- Joined
- Sep 29, 2026
- Messages
- 1
Hey everyone, I’m still pretty new to the forex scene and trying to wrap my head around all this fundamental stuff. I saw the news today that the dollar is hanging out near two-month highs and the Aussie dollar just tanked to August lows after that RBA hike. Ngl, I thought a rate hike was supposed to make a currency go up, so seeing the Aussie drop like that after the RBA news has me super confused.
I’ve been trying to learn how to read these moves, but honestly, it feels like I’m constantly missing the bus or chasing FOMO. Does this mean the dollar is just going to keep ripping while everything else struggles? I’m really just looking to understand if this is a short-term blip or if I should be adjusting my strategy for a longer trend. For those of you who have been in the game for a while, how do you usually interpret these price reactions when the news seems to go against what the textbooks say?
I’ve been trying to learn how to read these moves, but honestly, it feels like I’m constantly missing the bus or chasing FOMO. Does this mean the dollar is just going to keep ripping while everything else struggles? I’m really just looking to understand if this is a short-term blip or if I should be adjusting my strategy for a longer trend. For those of you who have been in the game for a while, how do you usually interpret these price reactions when the news seems to go against what the textbooks say?