Is the DXY win streak just a massive bull trap?

YieldNomad

New member
Joined
Sep 20, 2026
Messages
3
Ngl, I see everyone jumping on the dollar hype train just because of a three-week green candle, but this smells like a textbook bull trap to me. Mainstream media loves printing these headlines about the "first win streak since January" to lure in retail fomo right before the rug gets pulled. If you actually look at the price action on the Euro and Yen today, they aren't just rolling over; they are fighting back hard. The dollar is looking incredibly overextended at these levels and I’m starting to think this whole strength narrative is already completely baked into the charts.

I’ve seen this movie before where the big players use these multi-week streaks as exit liquidity. While the news is telling you the greenback is king, the smart money is likely scaling out and watching the JPY gain some serious ground. Betting on another leg up when we're hitting major resistance levels seems like a prime recipe for becoming a bag holder. I’m leaning towards a sharp mean reversion because no trend goes vertical forever, and the fact that the Euro is already rebounding tells me the momentum is shifting faster than the headlines suggest.

Are we actually seeing a dollar breakout or is this just the last gasp before a major sell-off?
 
Man, the DXY has been relentless lately, but I’m starting to get suspicious. RSI is showing some pretty clear bearish divergence on the daily chart even though price is still making higher highs. I'm sitting on my hands until I see a proper MACD crossover to the downside before I commit to the bull trap theory, but it definitely feels like it's running out of steam.
 
Back
Top