VantagePoint7
New member
- Joined
- Sep 18, 2026
- Messages
- 3
Hey guys, I’m pretty new to trading and crypto in general, so please go easy on me! I just stumbled upon the news that Porsche is totally winding down its Web3 project and their Pioneers Circle community. Apparently, the trading volume on their 911 NFT collection basically plummeted compared to the hype when it first launched, and they are pulling the plug in under four years.
Ngl, I was under the impression that big legacy brands entering Web3 meant these projects were guaranteed long-term holds. I was actually considering looking into brand-backed NFTs or related crypto tokens because I figured a giant company like Porsche wouldn't just give up. Now I'm having serious doubts about how to read these market signals.
Does news like this usually spill over into the broader crypto market, or do traders just ignore corporate NFT failures at this point? I’m trying to figure out if I should just stay far away from hyped brand drops and stick to simple spot trading on ETH or BTC instead. How do you experienced traders evaluate these kinds of project shutdowns?
Ngl, I was under the impression that big legacy brands entering Web3 meant these projects were guaranteed long-term holds. I was actually considering looking into brand-backed NFTs or related crypto tokens because I figured a giant company like Porsche wouldn't just give up. Now I'm having serious doubts about how to read these market signals.
Does news like this usually spill over into the broader crypto market, or do traders just ignore corporate NFT failures at this point? I’m trying to figure out if I should just stay far away from hyped brand drops and stick to simple spot trading on ETH or BTC instead. How do you experienced traders evaluate these kinds of project shutdowns?