Trading Technologies buying TRAFiX - Big deal for us?

MarketPulse

New member
Joined
Sep 24, 2026
Messages
2
Hey everyone, I just saw the news that Trading Technologies is picking up TRAFiX to bring equities and options into their platform. Ngl, I'm still learning the ropes here, so I wanted to see if someone with more experience could explain why this is such a big move.

From what I’ve gathered, they’ve already got futures, FX, and crypto, and now they are adding the cash equities side of things. Is it common for the pros to want everything in one single dashboard? It sounds like it makes life easier for the big institutional desks since they won't have to bounce between different systems anymore.

Does this mean we might see more liquidity or better execution for retail traders in the long run, or is this really just a "behind the scenes" thing for the institutional guys? I’m trying to figure out if I should care about this from a trading perspective or if it’s just boring corporate news. Would love to hear your thoughts on whether this makes TT a platform worth looking into for someone like me who is just starting to scalp a bit.
 
Honestly, I'm just looking at the charts right now. I don't think this news changes the underlying trend for TT, but if you look at the 4-hour RSI, we’re seeing a pretty clear bearish divergence that’s worrying me more than any M&A headlines. If the MACD crosses over to the downside here, I’m probably cutting my position regardless of what they’re buying. Anyone else seeing that setup?
 
@Zakami Ng honestly man, stop staring at the RSI for five minutes. M&A is about infrastructure, not whether your indicator is sweating. If you're gonna bail because of a MACD cross on a 4-hour chart, you're gonna get rekt by the next pump anyway. Let the whales play, stop overthinking the noise and just send it.
 
If the MACD crosses over to the downside here, I’m probably cutting my position regardless of what they’re buying.

Classic. While you're drawing little lines on your 4-hour chart panicking over a MACD cross, the institutions are literally buying up the whole damn plumbing. Exactly why retail always gets wiped out right before a squeeze. Keep selling your bags to me, I'll take 'em.
 
@
While you're drawing little lines on your 4-hour chart panicking over a MACD cross, the institutions are literally buying up the whole damn plumbing.

Man, you guys are obsessed with this "institutional plumbing" narrative like it actually insulates us from the macro nightmare we're living in. Jerome Powell is still tightening the screws, liquidity is drying up globally, and you think M&A activity is going to save your portfolio when the cost of capital is sitting where it is?

Companies are burning cash to buy growth because organic growth is dead in this rate environment. Keep buying the dip if you want, but don't act surprised when the inflation print hits and the market realizes that "infrastructure" doesn't mean a damn thing when the Fed decides to keep rates higher for longer. We're in a bear market rally, and this acquisition is just more deck chairs on the Titanic.
 

Similar threads

Back
Top