Saw DXY test that 101.50 zone earlier before sliding back down, and ngl it brought back some wild memories. Softer PCE drops, everyone trims Fed hike bets, and suddenly the chart looks like it's melting. I used to jump blindly into these exact intraday moves early in my trading journey, only to get completely wrecked when the next batch of ISM data or some random Fed speaker reversed the entire trend an hour later.
With Claims, ISM, and a whole circus of Fedspeak on tap, my biggest takeaway from years of getting chopped up is to respect the macro volatility loop. Don't let FOMO force your hand when price is whipsawing off headline news. I always tell guys looking to survive in this market to trim position sizes or just wait out the initial reaction. The market loves to hunt stop losses on these data releases before establishing the actual directional move.
Personally, I'm keeping my hands underneath my keyboard until the ISM prints, watching how key levels hold across the major pairs. How are you mates handling the chop today—are you scalping this pullback or staying flat until the news clears out?
With Claims, ISM, and a whole circus of Fedspeak on tap, my biggest takeaway from years of getting chopped up is to respect the macro volatility loop. Don't let FOMO force your hand when price is whipsawing off headline news. I always tell guys looking to survive in this market to trim position sizes or just wait out the initial reaction. The market loves to hunt stop losses on these data releases before establishing the actual directional move.
Personally, I'm keeping my hands underneath my keyboard until the ISM prints, watching how key levels hold across the major pairs. How are you mates handling the chop today—are you scalping this pullback or staying flat until the news clears out?