Daniel Park 88
New member
- Joined
- Sep 27, 2026
- Messages
- 1
Hey everyone, hope the week has been treating your PnL well. Just saw the news hit the wire that the yen spiked hard after Trump started talking about the currency's recent weakness, finally putting a stop to that relentless dollar win streak. Ngl, if you've been blindly riding the USD/JPY upward trend thinking it would never pull back, today was a harsh reminder of how fast headlines can flip the script.
I learned this the hard way back during the 2022 intervention madness when I held a leveraged long position right through a sudden policy jawbone. It wiped out a solid week of gains in about five minutes because my stop loss was way too loose and I got greedy holding for just a few more pips near the highs.
Trading political or macro headline risk like this is brutal. If you're looking to scalp the current volatility, keep your position sizes tiny and don't even think about marrying your bias. The market can stay irrational longer than we can stay solvent, but political pressure on exchange rates moves fast. Always scale out into strength and keep those stops tight, because when the big players start reacting to Washington chatter, the slippage can get ugly real quick.
Anyone else getting caught in the chop today, or managed to dodge the bullet before the drop?
I learned this the hard way back during the 2022 intervention madness when I held a leveraged long position right through a sudden policy jawbone. It wiped out a solid week of gains in about five minutes because my stop loss was way too loose and I got greedy holding for just a few more pips near the highs.
Trading political or macro headline risk like this is brutal. If you're looking to scalp the current volatility, keep your position sizes tiny and don't even think about marrying your bias. The market can stay irrational longer than we can stay solvent, but political pressure on exchange rates moves fast. Always scale out into strength and keep those stops tight, because when the big players start reacting to Washington chatter, the slippage can get ugly real quick.
Anyone else getting caught in the chop today, or managed to dodge the bullet before the drop?