YieldWeaver
New member
- Joined
- Sep 19, 2026
- Messages
- 5
Yo guys, looking at VGZ right now after this headline dropped about them agreeing to a sale deal for the Mt Todd gold mine. The market gave it an initial pump, but ngl, I'm pretty skeptical about the buyer's actual capacity to fund the development. The order flow right now feels super jumpy, like people are taking quick scalp profits instead of building long-term positions.
Looking at the technicals, we've been hugging a pretty tight range, and this news pushed us right into that heavy resistance zone from a few months back. With gold macro looking decent, a real breakout would be amazing, but if the buyer turns out to be short on cash, this spike feels like a prime candidate for a fakeout liquidity sweep before dumping back to lower support levels.
I'm torn between shorting the exhaustion near resistance or waiting for a pull-back to see if the 50-day moving average holds up as new demand. How are you guys trading this move—are you fading the initial hype or waiting for confirmed volume above key levels?
Looking at the technicals, we've been hugging a pretty tight range, and this news pushed us right into that heavy resistance zone from a few months back. With gold macro looking decent, a real breakout would be amazing, but if the buyer turns out to be short on cash, this spike feels like a prime candidate for a fakeout liquidity sweep before dumping back to lower support levels.
I'm torn between shorting the exhaustion near resistance or waiting for a pull-back to see if the 50-day moving average holds up as new demand. How are you guys trading this move—are you fading the initial hype or waiting for confirmed volume above key levels?