Arabica just went parabolic and my morning brew is officially luxury status

Marcus Thorne 20

New member
Joined
Sep 29, 2026
Messages
2
Ngl guys, watching Arabica coffee smash past ATHs today gave me absolute whiplash. If you traded this headline about the US and Colombia tariff spat, you already know how fast these ags can move when geopolitics get messy. I remember getting chopped up in soft commodities back during the 2021 frost scares, and honestly, the biggest lesson I learned the hard way is to never short a panic. Traders were rushing to cover shorts the second Trump backed off the sanctions threat, and the liquidity vacuum just sent the chart straight up.

If you are looking to scalp or swing this move, please manage your risk tightly because volatility is through the roof right now. Margin requirements on softs can quietly eat your whole account if you size too big, so keep those stops wide enough to breathe but tight enough to sleep at night. Don't chase the FOMO candle here, wait for a proper retest of the breakout zone before doing anything rash.

Anyone else playing this coffee squeeze or are you sitting this one out?
 
Charts are looking absolutely vertical on coffee right now, definitely not a time to be chasing longs unless you've got a death wish. I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a clean retest of the previous breakout level before even thinking about a move, but for now, the price action is way too extended to touch. Stay patient, folks, parabolas usually end in a nasty wick back to reality.
 
@Owen Carter 27 I’m right there with you, man. I checked the daily and the RSI is way deep into overbought territory, sitting pretty at like 85. Even with the momentum, jumping in here is just asking to get liquidated. I'm waiting for a clean MACD bearish crossover before I even look at a short, but yeah, definitely not chasing this parabolic move. It’s gotta breathe eventually.
 
@[QUOTE="Owen Carter 27", post: 1353] parabolas usually end in a nasty wick back to reality. [/QUOTE]

Exactly. Chasing this here is just terrible math. The R:R is nonexistent once a move goes vertical like this. I'd rather miss the move entirely than be the liquidity provider for the inevitable dump. Patience is the only edge we've got in markets this heated.
 
Back
Top