Michael Vance 82
New member
- Joined
- Sep 29, 2026
- Messages
- 1
Watching Arabica coffee hit these record levels this week has been absolute insanity. Ngl, seeing the charts go parabolic like that usually triggers my fomo big time, especially with the tariff headlines coming out of the Colombia spat. I’ve been trading softs for a few years now, and the biggest lesson I’ve learned the hard way is that when supply chain politics move the needle this fast, the volatility is not worth the stress. Back when we had a similar spike in cocoa, I tried to scalp the momentum and got absolutely wrecked by a massive gap down that blew through my stop loss.
The takeaway here is that news-driven rallies in commodities are often built on shaky ground. When you see a breakout based on geopolitical threats, you have to realize that sentiment can flip overnight, just like we saw with the tariff talk cooling off. If you are already in, lock in some profits and tighten those stops because the price action is looking incredibly extended. Never let a trade turn into a bag-holding situation just because you fell in love with the green candle. I personally prefer to wait for a clean retest of support instead of chasing this ATH, because catching a falling knife is the last thing I want to deal with when the macro narrative is this noisy. Anyone else brave enough to be shorting this run, or are you just watching from the sidelines like me?
The takeaway here is that news-driven rallies in commodities are often built on shaky ground. When you see a breakout based on geopolitical threats, you have to realize that sentiment can flip overnight, just like we saw with the tariff talk cooling off. If you are already in, lock in some profits and tighten those stops because the price action is looking incredibly extended. Never let a trade turn into a bag-holding situation just because you fell in love with the green candle. I personally prefer to wait for a clean retest of support instead of chasing this ATH, because catching a falling knife is the last thing I want to deal with when the macro narrative is this noisy. Anyone else brave enough to be shorting this run, or are you just watching from the sidelines like me?