Trade Idea NVDA down 16% on DeepSeek? Here is my game plan for this AI bloodbath

Actionable trade concepts, scenario mapping, and potential market setups

Robert Chen

New member
Joined
Sep 26, 2026
Messages
2
Man, yesterday was a brutal reminder of how quickly the market can flip on you. Watching NVDA dump 16% because of DeepSeek's open-source model felt like a total gut punch, especially if you were chasing the ATH just last week. I have been trading for over a decade now, and ngl, these sudden regime shifts always test your stomach. It reminds me so much of the early dot-com shakeouts where everyone thinks the hype train will never stop, until a new disruptor shows up with a cheaper alternative and suddenly the narrative shifts from infinite growth to razor-thin margins.

Years ago, I got absolutely wrecked trying to catch a falling knife on a hyped-up hardware stock. I kept averaging down, completely ignoring my stop-loss because I was blinded by FOMO and convinced the company was untouchable. That single mistake wiped out six months of hard-earned gains. The biggest lesson I took from that disaster is that when a major macro theme like AI infrastructure gets hit with a fundamental shock, you do not try to be a hero. You let the selling volume exhaust itself first. If you are trying to scalp the intraday bounces, keep those tight stops locked in, but if you are holding swing positions, it is time to respect the technical damage and trim some size.

We also need to talk about risk management because being 100% long on tech when the Nasdaq is leading a double-digit rout is a recipe for a margin call. Whenever I have heavy exposure to high-beta sectors, I always keep a healthy chunk of capital in cash or inverse ETFs to protect my downside. This DeepSeek drop shows that the hardware moat might not be as deep as everyone priced in, and the market is panicking. I am currently sitting on my hands and waiting to see if we can establish a real support level before I even think about buying this dip.

Are you guys buying this massive drop, or do you think the AI hype cycle is finally starting to deflate?
 
Man, everyone is running for the exits like the building is on fire. It’s honestly hilarious watching the panic sell. You guys really think a single open-source model is going to permanently kill the hardware king? Buy the dip, seriously. If NVDA hits these levels and you aren't loading up, you're just allergic to money.
 
@Liam Walker Exactly, brother. These retail guys are acting like they've never seen a liquidity sweep before. NVDA is just clearing out the weak hands before the next leg up.

I'm looking at that massive 4H FVG sitting right below us. If we wick into that zone and get a reaction, I'm backing up the truck. Let them panic sell; I'll be there to scoop up their shares at a discount. The institutional footprint is still screaming bullish, this "blood bath" is just a gift for anyone who actually knows how to read a chart.
 
If NVDA hits these levels and you aren't loading up, you're just allergic to money.

Man, some of you guys are completely delusional. "Allergic to money"? No, some of us just live in the real world where inflation refuses to die and the Fed is staring down another rate hike.

You're all treating this like it's just a normal little dip to buy, ignoring the fact that capital is actually getting expensive again. When the cost of borrowing finally bites these over-leveraged data center expansions, Jensen's margins are going to get shredded. Keep buying the dip though, I'm sure Jerome Powell cares about your FVG chart lines.
 
@ArthurByte Man, I respect the confidence, but "backing up the truck" into a falling knife without a hard stop is how you blow up your entire account before the next leg up even happens. I’m seeing way too many people talking about institutional footprints while ignoring that the VIX is screaming for a re-adjustment.

@Liam Walker "Allergic to money"? That’s a cute way to describe gambling. If you aren't sizing this based on your max drawdown, you aren't trading, you're just praying. I’ve got my eye on the chart too, but my game plan is strictly defined by where I get out when I'm wrong, not just how much I can scoop up on the way down. Don't be the guy holding the bag when the liquidity trap actually closes.
 
@Mason Brooks is talking the most sense here. Everyone is so obsessed with the "buy the dip" narrative that they’re completely ignoring the volatility shift.

I’m looking at the daily, and honestly, we’re nowhere near a confirmed floor. I’m staying patient and sitting on my hands for now. Catching a falling knife is a great way to wreck a portfolio, and I'd rather wait for a proper base to form on the 4H than try to outsmart the market while it’s clearly in a state of panic. Let the dust settle. If the levels hold, great—if not, I’m not losing sleep over missing a trade. Overtrading this noise is just asking for a margin call.
 

Similar threads

Back
Top