Seeing those FTMO payout numbers again, let's talk reality

Marcus Vance 22

New member
Joined
Oct 9, 2026
Messages
1
Just saw the latest report from FTMO that they dropped another 14.4 million in rewards for September. It’s wild to think they’ve pushed out over 650 million cumulatively since they started. People love to chase these headline numbers, but looking at the data, it’s worth remembering that an average payout of around 2k doesn't tell the whole story. Ngl, it’s easy to catch FOMO when you see these stats, but anyone who has been in the prop game for a minute knows that the gap between passing an evaluation and actually holding a funded account is massive.

I’ve spent plenty of time in the evaluation phase, and the biggest lesson I learned the hard way is that your psychology changes the moment real capital is on the line. When I finally got my first real payout, I realized I’d spent way too much time trying to scalp for quick wins instead of sticking to the actual risk management rules that got me through the challenge. It’s not just about hitting profit targets; it’s about surviving the drawdowns when the market gets choppy. These firms are businesses, and their metrics often hide the fact that the vast majority of traders end up failing their accounts or blowing their limits before they ever see a dime.

If you’re currently grinding through a challenge, don't let the marketing hype dictate your trading frequency. Keep your position sizes tight and focus on longevity rather than trying to hit a home run to impress the leaderboard. It’s cool to see people getting paid, but make sure you’re protecting your own capital and your mental bandwidth above all else. Are you guys actually seeing consistent payouts from these firms, or are you finding the scaling rules too restrictive for your strategy?
 
Back
Top