Marcus Vance 29
New member
- Joined
- Oct 7, 2026
- Messages
- 1
Saw that latest breakdown on AUDJPY dumping 400 pips after tapping out around 112.60, and it brought back some heavy memories. Elliott Wave guys nailed that corrective three-wave structure, but ngl, actually trading a Wave 2 top in real time on a volatile pair like this is pure psychological warfare. Back in the day, I lost count of how many times I got wicked out trying to aggressively front-run what I thought was the end of a corrective rally, only to watch the market run my stops and then dump exactly where I thought it would.
The biggest lesson I took from getting burned on yen crosses is never to short just because a wave looks complete. Wave 2s love to retrace deep, chew people up, and create that massive FOMO trap where retail suddenly thinks we are headed straight to fresh highs. If you try to scalp the exact peak at 112.61 with a razor-thin stop, JPY spreads and random momentum spikes will hunt you down almost every single time. What saved my account over the years was stepping back, waiting for a clear break of the lower-timeframe structure, and sizing way down so I could give the trade enough breathing room without sweating every tick.
Once the flush started, the real battle was just holding through the chop. When a pair moves 400 pips, taking partials around prior liquidity levels keeps your head clear so you do not panic-close the entire position on the first green candle.
Did anyone here actually manage to hold this short all the way down, or did you get shaken out early?
The biggest lesson I took from getting burned on yen crosses is never to short just because a wave looks complete. Wave 2s love to retrace deep, chew people up, and create that massive FOMO trap where retail suddenly thinks we are headed straight to fresh highs. If you try to scalp the exact peak at 112.61 with a razor-thin stop, JPY spreads and random momentum spikes will hunt you down almost every single time. What saved my account over the years was stepping back, waiting for a clear break of the lower-timeframe structure, and sizing way down so I could give the trade enough breathing room without sweating every tick.
Once the flush started, the real battle was just holding through the chop. When a pair moves 400 pips, taking partials around prior liquidity levels keeps your head clear so you do not panic-close the entire position on the first green candle.
Did anyone here actually manage to hold this short all the way down, or did you get shaken out early?