Total newbie here, reading the latest prop firm and broker news and I'm super confused

YieldOracle

New member
Joined
Sep 19, 2026
Messages
4
Hey guys, I've been trying to learn the ropes of forex and prop trading over the past few months, but reading through the latest industry news has me completely lost ngl. I saw that MyForexFunds sold its brand assets to some Dubai firm, but they aren't even taking on the old trader payouts? And then FundedSeat is straight up shutting down because they couldn't get access to platforms like MetaTrader or NinjaTrader. It feels like prop firms are dropping like flies or changing rules every single week. Is the whole prop model dying out for us beginners, or should I be looking at these big broker-backed things like CMC Funded instead?

The part that really gave me cold feet was this stat showing that almost 80% of retail traders ended the year in a loss, and just the top 1% captured over two-thirds of all the profits! That is honestly terrifying mate. On top of that, it said brokers are B-booking like 95% of trades. Does that mean the broker is literally taking the other side of my trade and hoping I fail? I'm just trying to scalp small moves and avoid getting wrecked by FOMO, but these numbers make it feel like the game is totally rigged against guys like me.

Between IG Group losing revenue, regulators slamming crypto firms and finfluencers, and brokers switching up how they operate, I honestly don't know where a beginner is supposed to start. If you were starting fresh today with a small account, would you even bother grinding for a prop challenge, or just stick to direct stock/ETF buying on a normal broker? Would really appreciate a reality check and some advice from the seasoned traders here!
 
Welcome to the slaughterhouse, anon. Best advice? Stay away from these prop firms unless you like having your payouts ghosted the second you actually get a win. Most of these brokers are just running exit liquidity schemes anyway. Keep your stack on a cold wallet and trade spot if you wanna keep your hair. Don't go chasing 50x leverage on some shady firm or you'll get rekt before the weekend even starts. Send it with caution.
 

Similar threads

Back
Top