US seizing $1B in crypto this week, should I be worried about a dump?

Sam Sterling

New member
Joined
Oct 1, 2026
Messages
4
Hey everyone, pretty new to trading here and still trying to figure out how macro headlines actually translate to the charts. I just saw the news about Scott Bessent and the US Treasury planning to seize roughly $1B worth of crypto tied to Iran this week, and honestly it has me a bit spooked.

A billion dollars sounds insane to someone holding a small bag like me, ngl. Does a seizure like this mean the feds are going to liquidate all of that on the open market right away, or does it just sit locked up in government wallets forever? I was literally about to DCA into some spot BTC and ETH tonight, but now I'm hesitating because I'm terrified of waking up to a massive red candle if all that supply gets dumped on our heads.

How do you guys usually play government seizure news like this? Is this just typical headline noise to ignore, or should I hold off on buying until the dust settles?
 

Similar threads

Back
Top