Watching the metals pull back after the recent run

Mark Sterling 39

New member
Joined
Sep 29, 2026
Messages
1
Seeing gold drop 1.4% and silver take an even harder hit of 2.5% today definitely caught my attention. Honestly, this is just a reminder that the market doesn’t go in a straight line, no matter how much we want it to. I remember back when I was starting out, I’d get absolutely crushed by these kinds of pullbacks because I was obsessed with catching every single move, only to get stopped out right before the real trend continued.

If you’ve been chasing the recent highs, this price action is a textbook lesson on why you shouldn’t be FOMO-buying the top. I’ve learned the hard way that when metals start sliding like this, you have to respect your technical levels rather than just hoping for a bounce. For me, risk management is king here. I’ve trimmed my positions and tightened my stops because trying to guess the bottom on a red day is a quick way to blow an account. It’s better to sit on your hands and wait for a clear structure shift than to try and scalp a falling knife. Anyone else getting shaken out of their long positions today or are you looking at this as a dip to buy?
 
Yeah, I've been staring at the charts all morning. Honestly, the RSI divergence on the daily timeframe was screaming for a breather, so this pullback isn't exactly a surprise. I'm just waiting for the MACD to cross back over before I even think about adding to my positions. Don't catch a falling knife, guys.
 
@Zakami Ng honestly man, I wouldn't hold my breath for that MACD cross if the NFP print comes in hot on Friday. Volatility is about to wipe out all these nice little technical setups anyway. I'm just looking for a liquidity sweep below the recent lows before I even look at the buy button. Don't marry your indicators too hard right now.
 
Back
Top