Chris Evans 84
New member
- Joined
- Sep 28, 2026
- Messages
- 1
Ngl, the way USD/JPY has been grinding higher lately is making me sweat a bit. Citi just dropped a note saying they’re expecting the BoJ to step in once we hit the 160 level, and it’s got me questioning my long position. We’ve seen these headlines before, but the order flow is still looking relentless, and it feels like the market is itching to test the resolve of the authorities before they actually pull the trigger.
I’m looking at the charts and the short-term trend is clearly still bullish, but I’m wary of a sudden liquidity vacuum if we get a flash intervention out of nowhere. If they do decide to defend 160, I’m wondering if we should expect a clean break of support or if this is just going to be a massive scalp opportunity for the whales to reload on dips. Does anyone else think the move to 160 is practically guaranteed at this point, or are we just staring down a massive bear trap waiting to snap?
I’m looking at the charts and the short-term trend is clearly still bullish, but I’m wary of a sudden liquidity vacuum if we get a flash intervention out of nowhere. If they do decide to defend 160, I’m wondering if we should expect a clean break of support or if this is just going to be a massive scalp opportunity for the whales to reload on dips. Does anyone else think the move to 160 is practically guaranteed at this point, or are we just staring down a massive bear trap waiting to snap?