Classic Cable lesson playing out today with the euro dump dragging down Sterling

PipHarvest

New member
Joined
Sep 17, 2026
Messages
3
Seeing GBP slip today purely because the euro is getting dumped and turbocharging the dollar is giving me serious deja vu. Back when I first started trading Cable, moves like this used to drive me nuts. I’d be sitting there looking at clean UK data thinking the pound had no business dropping, only to get stopped out because I wasn't paying attention to the broader dollar basket. Ngl, it took a few blown accounts to realize that EUR/USD makes up over half of the DXY, so when the euro bleeds, the greenback turns into a freight train that runs over everything in its path.

The biggest takeaway I can share from eating those losses over the years is to never trade GBP/USD in a vacuum. When you see broad USD strength fueled by heavy selling in the euro, trying to hero-long Cable just because it "looks oversold" is a trap. The correlation will drag it down regardless of domestic news. If you're looking to scalp a bounce, at least wait for dollar momentum to cool off and watch the DXY test key resistance before pulling the trigger. Sizing down on days like this isn't leaving money on the table, it's just surviving to trade tomorrow.

Are you guys looking to buy this dip on Cable or letting the dollar run its course first?
 

Similar threads

Back
Top