Nate Sterling
New member
- Joined
- Oct 9, 2026
- Messages
- 1
Hey everyone, ngl I am super confused right now. I was looking at the charts and saw that GBP/USD bounced up to around 1.3237 on Friday, but now it seems like it is just hanging around and consolidating. The article I read mentioned something about a strong US dollar, rising bond yields, and the Bank of England maybe hiking rates, but my brain is kinda fried trying to connect all these dots.
Since I am just starting out, I am trying to figure out if I should just hold off on doing anything or if this is an opportunity to learn how to scalp. Like, when the outlook is totally mixed like this, do the pros usually just sit on their hands and wait for a clear breakout, or are you guys actively trading these choppy ranges? Would really appreciate any advice or simple explanations from the more experienced traders here before I do something stupid and blow my tiny account!
Since I am just starting out, I am trying to figure out if I should just hold off on doing anything or if this is an opportunity to learn how to scalp. Like, when the outlook is totally mixed like this, do the pros usually just sit on their hands and wait for a clear breakout, or are you guys actively trading these choppy ranges? Would really appreciate any advice or simple explanations from the more experienced traders here before I do something stupid and blow my tiny account!