Marcus Vance 35
New member
- Joined
- Oct 4, 2026
- Messages
- 1
Hey guys, beginner trader here and I’m super confused about what’s happening with USD/JPY right now. I saw it dipped down to around 157.94 after that massive spike the other day. Apparently, Tokyo's core inflation just hit 2.7%, which is way above the Bank of Japan's 2% target. I thought higher inflation meant the currency should get stronger because of potential rate hikes, so I was expecting a massive drop on USD/JPY.
But then I read some analyst reports saying the Yen's recovery prospects are still super limited. Ngl, I'm feeling some major FOMO watching these swings, but I'm also terrified of getting absolutely wrecked. I was thinking of scalping some USD/JPY shorts, but now I'm seriously doubting myself. If inflation is hot, why isn't the Yen ripping way stronger?
Is this minor pullback just a trap before the dollar pumps back up, or is the Yen actually starting a real reversal here? How are you experienced mates playing this right now?
But then I read some analyst reports saying the Yen's recovery prospects are still super limited. Ngl, I'm feeling some major FOMO watching these swings, but I'm also terrified of getting absolutely wrecked. I was thinking of scalping some USD/JPY shorts, but now I'm seriously doubting myself. If inflation is hot, why isn't the Yen ripping way stronger?
Is this minor pullback just a trap before the dollar pumps back up, or is the Yen actually starting a real reversal here? How are you experienced mates playing this right now?